Tuesday 29 December 2015

Jo Malone: Wood Sage and Sea Salt


I very (very) gladly received this bottle of heaven for Christmas this year and it was a 'I'm in love, I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it' moment (10 points to you if you know what's that from). I'm a fairly new Jo Malone fan and I honestly don't know what I've been doing with my life until now...it's that dramatic. I actually sell perfume as my job so I'm familiar with the lot but honestly to me, Jo Malone fragrances are just something else. I can't put my finger on it exactly but to me they just smell earthy in a way, if that makes any sense. I think because the fragrances are candles too, they're just in a different spectrum than most fragrances.

I was shopping around a few months ago, sauntering around Selfridges... as you do, when I was finally pushed by the countless great things I'd heard about Jo Malone fragrances, to go and have a whiff of the scents. I tried so many and honestly so many were lovely, I couldn't decide which was my favourite; there's just loads to choose from, from fresh to floral to musky scents.


I sprayed a few of my favourites onto some blotters and one on each wrist, popped them in my bag and went on my way. I'm definitely glad I tried them on my skin as by doing it I noticed how long-lasting they seemed. I kept smelling them on my skin and just found myself loving them more and more, this fragrance particularly as it settled. 

Coming back to my shopping where I had put the blotters much later in the day, when I took the clothes out, they all smelt of one fragrance over all of the others and it,and therefore my clothes, now smelt divine. I found the blotter that smelt like my clothes did and knew that I was just gonna have to have this in my life, it just smelt so good and it was strong enough to even make my clothes smell from the blotter. Only, I didn't know which one it was. (I don't know why this post is turning into some kind of bad mystery novel but I'll just role with it)

So yeah, I returned to Selfridges a couple of weeks later and went on a major mission to find this heavenly scent. Lo and Behold, I found that it was Wood Sage and Sea Salt. Of course, fragrance is down to personal preference but I seriously do love this one.


Rightly named, this is a woody fragrance with top notes of ambrette seeds, heart notes of sea salt and the base note of sage;it may not be up your street if you usually wear sweet scents but if you like fresh but woody scents this could be the one for you. Jo Malone doesn't come cheap, with this fragrance being £42 for 30ml and £85 for 100ml but for a luxury brand and a darn tootin (yep, I'm Billy Rae Cyrus apparently) lovely fragrance, you arguably get what you pay for. The fragrances seem to be fairly long lasting too, the scent remained on the blotter and my clothes for days as well, but I'm yet to really test how long it lasts on my skin, so I'll keep you updated.

The packaging and presentation is just lovely too, so luxurious and fancy. They make such lovely gifts for someone... or for yourself.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend giving these Jo Malone Colognes a try if you're in the market for a new scent. There's such a big range that I really think there is something for everyone.

What's your favourite fragrance?

Thanks for reading,
Kelly T x

No comments:

Post a Comment