Tuesday 2 June 2015

May Favourites



I bloody love this film! I had heard really great things about it so I thought I'd give it a watch and I'm so glad I did. It's one of the best films I've watched in a while. I thought both performances from Teller and Simmons were great and they bounced really well off each other. The soundtrack is delightful and there's just some absolutely brilliant moments. Never has a film made me want to prove everyone who doubts me wrong more. It has taught me to never give up no matter what; I found it really quite inspiring and surprisingly exhilarating... talk about creating tension (that ending though; so good). I'd definitely recommend checking it out! 


I bought this lovely duster jacket from New Look in May and I've been wearing it non stop ever since. It's a light jacket that makes it much more spring/summer appropriate; it's so easy to chuck on. I really love the length of this jacket and find that it's really great at making any outfit look put together. It also goes with everything and has quickly become a wardrobe staple.


I've had this for a while now and have tested it out enough to know I love it. It's a lovely creamy texture that blends like a dream into a fresh flush on the cheeks. I've been using the real techniques contour brush to blend it in and find this is a fab combo. It blends it into the cheeks giving it a lovely natural finish (don't be scared by the bright colour in the pot; it's a really love colour on and gives the cheeks a healthy glow. I have the colour 'soft pink'.


These Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipsticks from Bourjois are da bomb (yes...that's right, I went there). I've been seriously loving these at the moment. I thought I'd jump on the liquid lipstick bandwagon to see what all the fuss is about and I'm definitely not disappointed. I have two colours at the moment; peach club and nude-ist (photographed here) and I really like them both, although I tend to reach for nude-ist more often as an everyday colour. The lipsticks are super pigmented and only need one coat (score). They're also super easy to apply; as the name suggests they go on the lips as an almost liquid formula and dry completely matte (the velvety-ness disappears once the lipstick has dried in my opinion) which I love personally. Best of all, these lipsticks are super long lasting; more than any drug-store lipstick I've tried.These come in at very reasonable £8.99 too. I just love 'em.


Up there at the top of my faves list this May is this Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask from Lush. As I work across from a Lush store I often find myself strolling around it when on my breaks. I'd seen this a couple of times and was intrigued, really wanting to give it a try. I was somewhat sceptical at first; as Lush products are so heavily scented I was slightly concerned it would break me out or I'd have a bad reaction to it but my skin has actually done the complete opposite. Since I've been using this I've noticed an improvement in my skin fo' sure, particularly the morning after using it the night before. The first time I used it I found my skin felt really soft after; nice and refreshed. I also noticed reduced redness of the skin. Then the day after I found my make-up applied much smoother and lasted much longer throughout the day. I applied my make-up in the early morning and found that it still looked in the same condition when I returned and needed no re-powdering throughout the day. It also smells really lovely (like blueberries) and is really relaxing when applied. Overall I'm very impressed and would repurchase.


I've had this for quite a while but it got forgotten as I was using my MAC mineralize skin-finish natural (which I also love) but I rediscovered this bourjois powder throughout May and have been enjoying it. As far as drug-store powders go I think it's great, especially if you're after a light powder; this is finely milled and doesn't even feel like you are wearing anything. It's not at all cakey and gives the skin a lovely radiant glow.


I've loved WALK THE MOON for a long while now but I'm giving them an honorary mention this month as recently they've been pretty much all I've been listening to, which is rare for me. WALK THE MOON are just absolute pros at creating songs that are super catchy and that you just can't help dancing to. I think I'm listening to them more in anticipation of their new album which comes out in June in the UK (which I have been loving) but also because their songs just never fail to make me happy. It's really helping with revision (even if I do end up having a little dance break now and again). They make such good hilarious music videos too, deffo check them out if you fancy. I don't even have fave songs to recommend because I love them all; old stuff, new stuff... all the stuff. They're yet to make a song I don't like. So yeah, cheers for being great WALK THE MOON.
(went off on a bit of a fan-girl essay there,sorry!)


Last but not least are these beauties. I'm rather fussy when it comes to sunglasses as I find it hard to get a shape that suits me but I love these; the shape, the blue lens, everything. I'm chuffed with this purchase and know I'll be sporting these all summer. I haven't had all to many opportunities to wear them yet as apparently the UK still thinks it's winter, but when it has been sunny they've been a staple. I do have a similar round pair but find the lenses to be just a little too small, whereas these are a perfect size. Also what I love the most is that they were only £3 from eBay. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality to for the price.

What are your monthly favourites?

Thanks for reading,
KellyT x

9 comments:

  1. Amazing post dear!

    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  2. The maxfactor creamy blusher looks so amazing and I had no idea maxfactor did a product like it. I've heard a lot about creamy blushers and I love the brand so I'll try it out. Great post xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://izzykreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely, I'd definitely recommend checking it out. Hope you like it! Thank-you! xxx

      Delete
  3. That cream blush looks TO DIE FOR- great post x
    www.claire-frances.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That creamy blush looks so pretty!

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so lovely! I'd definitely recommend checking it out if you're on the lookout for a new blusher!

      Delete
  5. aw thank-you so much,that's so sweet! I really do appreciate it! :)

    Thanks again,
    KellyT x

    ReplyDelete