Monday 20 July 2015

Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro 1 Palette Review


I picked up this palette recently and have been trying different looks for the past few weeks to let you guys know what I think of it. I picked it up as I just seem unable to resist a product that there's hype around; I can't help it, I want to know what all the fuss is about! I'd heard from a few other bloggers that this palette was a dupe of the Lorac Pro Palette which I have wanted to try for ages but I just can't bear to part with the pennies, so I thought I'd give this one a go instead. 


Shades (left to right)

Ghost, Luna, Must, Enigma, Fade, Drama, Afflicted, Pitch
Need, Dawn, Getter, Breathe, Too Grey, Stage, Addicted, Player

So what do I think of the palette?

Overall I'm very impressed. For the very reasonable £6.99 price tag I'd say it's definitely worth it. You get 16 lovely wearable shades and what I love is the fact that there's 8 matte shades and 8 shimmery, so there's something for everybody depending on what you prefer to wear. It's packaged well and comes with a big mirror (bonus) and a double sided eye-shadow brush (double bonus). I don't really use the brush it comes with as I opt for my trusty Real Techniques brushes instead, but I have used it and it's not to shabby at all and handy for travelling too.


As for the shadows, I'd say they're pretty darn good. Of course, they aren't as buttery soft and pigmented as high end shadows, say like the ones in the Urban Decay Naked Palette, but for the price you can't complain. As they are on the powdery side it does make them that little bit harder to work with, but if you take the time to blend they can look great. There's also a nice mix of darker and lighter shades so the palette can definitely be used for both everyday looks and more smoky evening looks. I particularly love the copper shade 'stage' as I find it's really lovely on blue eyes and really makes them stand out.

As you can see from the above (bad quality, sorry!) picture, they aren't the most pigmented shadows. With the paler shades especially, you may have to pack a fair bit onto the lid for your desired effect. I personally love the paler shades (such as ghost and luna) as under the brow highlight, and find these work great for that and also at brightening the inner corner of the eye too.

If you're after a more pigmented yet affordable palette from the high-street that can create both bold and also natural looks, I'd say maybe opt for a Sleek palette instead, such as Sleek's storm palette. However, if you're a neutrals person, I certainly don't think you'd be disappointed with this one.


Have you tried this palette?

Thanks for reading,
Kelly T x

2 comments:

  1. Such easy to wear colours! Love that there's orange tones too! X

    Palm prints and summer evenings over on-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! such a wearable palette right?! :) x

      Delete