Friday 27 March 2015

Current Night-time Skincare Routine



Step One





Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
I first use the cleansing water on a cotton pad to take off the majority of my make-up; this micellar water works great on eyes to and is not at all harsh on the skin which is great!           

 



Step Two



Vichy Cleansing Milk
I then take another cotton pad and apply a small amount of the cleansing milk to it. I use this to take off the make-up that I missed and to give a more deep cleanse. Again this is really light on the skin, not harsh at all (paraben free to). It is particularly good at getting excess eye make-up off.I then rinse this off with warm water.





Step Three



Origins GinZing Cleanser
I then apply a pea sized amount of this scrub cleanser to a damp face and spread it around my face in circular motions to gently exfoliate. I don't use this every night but at least 3 times a week. It's a gentle exfoliant so it's not too harsh on the skin. This is probably my favourite step of my skincare routine as it's just so refreshing and makes my skin feel down right clean.(thumbs up from me)




Step Four



Origins Super Spot Remover
I only use this when it's needed; a.k.a when I get a pesky blemish. Let me tell you; this really does the job. It really is one of the best spot treatments out there. If I do have a spot I take a very small amount (that's all you need- if you use too much it can be very drying) and apply it to the blemish. You feel it instantly working.




Step Five

The last step alternates throughout the week between these three products, as and when I think my skin need them.


Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask

I use this super hydrating mask maybe once a week, maybe twice if my skin really needs it. Once I have done all the previous steps I will then apply this mask and leave it to sink into the skin overnight. In the morning I will wash the residue (if there is any) off and my skin is always super hydrated and plump. It's great if you know you have something important to attend the next day. I use this mask more as a treatment/ kind of as a treat as well. It smells delish too which is a bonus.





L'Oreal Triple Active Nourish Moisturiser
If I'm not using the mask then the last step in my skincare routine will be this moisturiser (or the next product). I, however, use this one more frequently. It's the newest addition to my skincare routine but so far so good. It's very rich and thick and smells nice to. As far as moisturisers go I don't think it beats my beloved Origins GinZing moisturiser but for the cheap price it's pretty darn good. (£6.49)
* please note - this moisturiser is quite heavily scented so may not be great for sensitive skin.




Origins High-Potency Night-A-Mins
Finally, if I feel like my skin is particularly dry and needs more than a normal moisturiser but doesn't need as intense a treatment as the Origins mask then I opt for this. This is definitely not a moisturiser I would use daily like I would the L'Oreal one but it's a fantastic treatment for de-hydrated skin. It has a thick formula yet manages to sink into the skin well; my skin drinks it up. It smells just lovely to. I use this on average once or twice a week.




( I am kind of a fan-girl when it comes to Origins- if you couldn't already tell) 

Thanks for reading x

5 comments:

  1. Hello there! I love your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Award.

    It's a great way of discovering new blogs. Simply follow the link and answer my questions! I tried to make them a little different in case you have been nominated already!

    http://shutupophelia.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/liebster-award-discover-new-bloggers.html

    Ophelia x

    shutupophelia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Origina Night a Mins - it smells amazing and leaves my face super soft! I really need to try that Spot Remover too, it sounds ideal! xx

    Kirsty Leigh| Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! yeah its honestly so great, I'd recommend it for sure.It works so well! x

      Delete
  3. I really want to try the Vichy one. Great post!
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! Yeah, it's such nice cleanser and fairly cheap to which doesn't hurt, haha!

      Delete