Friday 23 January 2015

Favourite Foundations



(Just a short disclaimer: these foundations are the ones that I have tried and loved and have worked for my skin. Of course, we all have different preferences on coverage's we like and we all have different skin types, but I just thought I'd share some foundations that have worked for me and why I love them. Thanks for reading and enjoy x)


1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
    
As far as drugstore foundations go, this is one of the best I've tried. This was the foundation that converted me back to loving drugstore foundations again; before trying this I think I was definitely a high end foundation girl, despite the price tag. Compared to foundations I've used in the past, there was just no competition I thought, but that was until I tried this. I really love it and I love the £10.99 price tag even more.

I would say its definitely a lighter coverage foundation compared to other ones I use, with a thinner consistency, but I love that about it. You can hardly tell your wearing it when you do, it's very natural and what's also great is it that it doesn't sit heavy on the skin either and has a nice (dewy) finish. As it is a lighter foundation I tend to use this day to day. When I roll out of bed in the morning with not much time until I have to run off to a lecture, I reach for this, knowing that it blends beautifully and that it will make me look alive (haha).

 It's lasting power is okay to, it doesn't last as long as trusty high-end foundations with thicker formulas, (not sure about the 16 hours it claims)but add some concealer and powder and you're good to go. If you're on the lookout for a new 'everyday' drugstore foundation, and particularly if you're someone who doesn't like foundation to be and feel too heavy and likes a dewy finish, I'd definitely recommend this (if you couldn't already tell, haha)

The packaging is not too chic but for the price you can't really complain. Oh, and also this foundation is scented which personally I don't mind, but if you have sensitive skin it might be wise to test before you buy.

(I wear colour 52- Vanilla. Available from Boots and Superdrug in the UK. Comes in 6 different shades)



2. Nars Sheer Glow

Just gonna put this out there, I think this might be my all time favourite foundation (out of the ones I've tried of course) and definitely my go-to foundation for all occasions. It just works for me and I LOVE it  (it deserves dem capitals). You've probably heard every Tom, Dick and Harry of the beauty/blogging sphere go on about this foundation but honestly I think it deserves it. It's an essential in my makeup collection and has been repurchased many a time and I'm sure will be again in the future.

I would say it has a medium to full coverage but still manages not to look too heavy or cakey and nor does it feel it on the skin which is great. I just love how my skin looks when wearing this and I can tell when it's without it (I'm emotionally attached to this foundation I sense you thinking? haha, I think I might actually be! *sigh* The struggles of being obsessed with makeup).

The staying power is great; if I set it with powder, it lasts all day on me, which gives it another big thumbs up. Another thumbs up goes to the fact that it has no SPF and so is great for special occasions and going out on the town (so you can avoid a ghost face when you know its going to be a snap happy night). I use the shade Deauville and its a perfect match for my skin (even more thumbs up... think I' m running out of thumbs)

It does set me back £31 (I buy it from Selfridges) but it lasts me a long time and is worth it (in my opinion of course). If I use it religiously everyday which I did for a long while it still lasted me ages. (note: if your thinking of buying this foundation the pump doesn't come with it which is poopy but I'd recommend still getting it so product is not wasted when tipping it out on the back of the hand, like I did the first time I bought it). I'd definitely recommend trying this foundation, it's an all rounder and it comes in 19 shades too, so everyone can have a Sheer Glow.

(Tip: This foundation used with the Real Techniques buffing brush is a match made in heaven- I refuse to use anything else haha)


3.Georgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

This is the newest addition to my foundation family; I've only had it since December but I still feel like it deserves a mention and has steadily made its way up the list of foundations I love. First of all, I love the packaging; it's very luxurious and when I use it I feel very fancy indeed. I don't know why, but because it's so lovely I was expecting not to like it as much as I do, but so far so good. I agree that its has a 'weightless and silky texture' and I love it for that, it's the perfect balance between matte and dewy.

Again, like the Sheer Glow it has no SPF so is great for night outs and special occasions. However, I would say whilst I do love the smooth silky finish, I've found it doesn't have quite as good coverage as Sheer Glow and doesn't cover redness as well as I hoped it would, but paired with concealer and dusted with powder, my base is flawless.

I would still say it's a medium coverage foundation though. It has a lovely naturally flawless finish and blends seamlessly, letting the skin breathe through; not at all cakey. I think this is a brilliant foundation if you want a lightweight foundation that can be built up to flawless coverage that is still natural.

I don't think it's replaced Nars Sheer Glow as my fave but I still love it and it does come with a pump unlike sheer glow which is a perk, plus it comes in 21 shades which is fab.

(I wear shade 4. Purchased from Selfridges: £35.50)



4. Rimmel Lasting Finish Nude Foundation

This is the newest drugstore addition to my stash. I bought it on a whim in Boots one day to try it out, not expecting to absolutely love it. The first time I used it, it instantly became one of those 'how on earth was I lasting without this before' kind of thing. I haven't had it for too long but I'm loving it so far, it deserves its position in a top spot definitely. As far as drugstore foundations go its great, its up there with the Bourjois foundation, and like the Bourjois foundation I use this day to day at uni/running errands etc. I tend to reach for the Rimmel one when I want more of a full coverage though.

I would say you can definitely feel this more on the skin than the Bourjois one but it blends nicely, doesn't look cakey and is not at all suffocating on the skin. As for lasting power, I wouldn't say it lasts the 25 hours it claims but I don't think any foundation would look the same 25 hours after applying and to be honest I would never wear it for that long anyway.

I wear shade 100: Ivory and that's a really good colour match for me which is great and not always easy to find in the drugstore. It also has SPF 20 to protect you from them rays. Overall, I'd definitely recommend this foundation, I think it's great and I think it's even better that it doesn't break the bank at only £7.99.

(Bought from Boots in the UK. It only comes in 6 shades so might not be a great match for everyone)


      What are your favourite foundations? Do any of these make the cut? x

No comments:

Post a Comment