Monday 20 April 2015

Cocktail O'Clock

Hello Lovelies! So today I decided to do something a bit different;  I was watching Essie Button's Spring Picnic video recently and saw she made a cocktail that looked absolutely delicious; as soon as she said the words elderflower and mint I knew I had to give it a try! The outcome was delightful and super quick and easy to do, so I thought I'd share it with you (I'm a poet and I don't know it).
 Hope you enjoy!



You will need: elderflower cordial, mint leaves, a handful of fruit of your choice (doesn't have to be strawberries and raspberries, that's just what I opted for) and a glass. (Straws are optional but can be great if you decide to make a substantial amount of the cocktail to share at a BBQ or something)

Step one: Prepare your ingredients 



Chop fruit to preferred size



Step two: Pour elderflower cordial into the glass




Add water




Step Three: Add the fruit




Step 4: Add the mint leaves (vary the amount depending on how strong you want it; I added a fair amount and it tasted delicious, but I do love mint.)




Step Five: Leave to settle for 5 -10 mins to enhance the flavour, then enjoy your super tasty, super refreshing cocktail. I think I'll be making this one a lot this summer!

Kelly x

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I have nominated you for a Liebster award here http://itseverythingerin.blogspot.com/2015/04/the-liebster-award.html Check it out and let me know if you do the post! :) x

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! Definitely will be trying this when the weather's warm and sunny :)

    sleepy-heaven.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely! Hope you enjoy :)

      Delete